[ogg-dev] Fwd: Vorbis-java wav-ogg encoder produces distorted OGG file

Frank Barchard fbarchard at google.com
Thu Dec 10 10:30:31 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Monty Montgomery <monty at xiph.org> wrote:

> Vorbis-dev might be better....

My issue is with theora/thusnelda for xiph tools.

> What I mean is, you quoted a response from Frank Barchard, but I never
> saw his response on the list. Are there blind CCs on the conversation?
>  I'm just trying to figure out where the rest of the conversation is.

I didn't see a solution to my problem?  Last time I tried, I used this
version:
ffmpeg2theora 0.25+svn16605 - Xiph.Org libtheora 1.1 20090822 (Thusnelda)
I have a video I could post somewhere that does not compress properly with
xiph, but does with ffmpeg.

On the latest ffmpeg I saw a patch that added 422 and 444 for ogg.  But they
dont seem to work.  Does ffmpeg2theora this?