[ogg-dev] Album art - requirements

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 06:51:30 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves
<justivo at gmail.com> wrote:
> A good proposal, except for the fact most album art is JPEG.  Not
> forgetting either that, semantically, it's pretty bizarre to have
> album art in a text format.

I *desperately* want to provide the cover art for my own album in PDF
format.  Presently I provide JPG in the MP3s; at 72 DPI it looks
really terrible.  Both my CD label and case insert use small text and
fine, precise vector graphics.

I *could* provide PNG or LZW-compressed TIFF, which allow one to
specify the resolution, but both would greatly increase the file size
in a way that wouldn't be at all necessary if I could provide PDF.

SVG would be acceptable too, but only if I could compress it.

If we could agree on some standard for providing vector graphic art, I
would be more than happy to implement it from the very first release
of Ogg Frog.

(I do not yet provide art in my Ogg Vorbis and FLAC tracks.)

Download my album to see for yourself ----------------------------V

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   Enjoy my art, photography, music and writing at
http://www.geometricvisions.com/
        --- Free Compact Disc ---