[ogg-dev] Re: Updating the Ogg mapping for Dirac

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 17:01:33 PST 2008

On 2/28/08, Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> But I thought that was what Skeleton was for, with the additional advantage
> that it's stored in a codec-independent way.

Ah, yes.  Let's not forget that, theoretically, all Ogg Dirac data
should contain a Skeleton stream.  Whatever implementations that deal
with Ogg Dirac and do not care about this step are just wasting
everyone's time, because they will later have to be patched.  Not to
mention that for efficiency sake, it would be better to publish one
kind of files out there, instead of two kinds (those with and those
without).

Taking in consideration that Skeleton should always be present, it
should remove some of the burden on creating a specific mapping for
Dirac.

-Ivo