[ogg-dev] Header packet multiplicity

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 13 03:40:40 PST 2008

> speex and flac have an "extra headers" field in the bos page, and
> skeleton also has a field for recording the total number of headers
> (as it's kinda important for editing files). If you know how many
> headers there are going to be at the start of encoding, then adding a
> field like that might be enough.

I do know at start, and I have such a field too.
However, I was concerned about the RTP streaming case, where packets
may be lost, and the "other" container case, where they have to be
concatenated (and thus one needs a way to walk past them easily).
I reckon I'll just add a "header length" to headers past the first one, and
maybe on data packets as well. I'm not clear at all on what would happen
when not in Ogg, I need to think more about this case.
Cheers