[ogg-dev] Header packet multiplicity

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Wed Feb 13 03:26:18 PST 2008

On 13/02/2008, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com <ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:
> OK, I was thinking of whether there would be a "generic" way of skipping
> packets which would be used for various codecs (eg, the header packet
> walking described for theora and vorbis, which would be quite a bit more
> complicated for kate due to the extra headers).

speex and flac have an "extra headers" field in the bos page, and
skeleton also has a field for recording the total number of headers
(as it's kinda important for editing files). If you know how many
headers there are going to be at the start of encoding, then adding a
field like that might be enough.

Conrad.