[ogg-dev] oggz fixes for macos

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue Aug 5 04:04:22 PDT 2008

2008/8/1 Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org>:
> On 31-Jul-08, at 9:43 AM, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> though (don't know if they're related to your changes):
>>
>> oggz.c: In function 'oggz_content_type':
>> oggz.c:623: warning: comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is
>> always false
>
> This is an array bounds guard. I guess it's defensive programming vs
> warning. Making OggzStreamContent a (signed) int is probably the
> safest, but I don't know the rules for enums.

I found this:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2000-09/msg00271.html

which claims it's up to the compiler implementation  to decide whether an
enum type is signed or unsigned.

So, I left the guard in but added a comment explaining it.

>> oggz-chop.c: In function 'read_plain':
>> oggz-chop.c:562: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ogg_page_granulepos'
>> discards qualifiers from pointer target type
>> oggz-chop.c:563: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ogg_page_granulepos'
>> discards qualifiers from pointer target type
>> oggz-chop.c: In function 'read_gs':
>> oggz-chop.c:620: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ogg_page_continued'
>> discards qualifiers from pointer target type
>
> These are fixed in libogg svn r14463. Guess we should do a release!

liboggz also has a configure check tor these types, which wasn't used on these
lines -- fixed in r3684.

>> oggz-known-codecs.c: In function 'main':
>> oggz-known-codecs.c:105: warning: assignment discards qualifiers
>> from pointer target type
>
> The content_types array should be declared 'const char *' here.

thanks, fixed in r3684.

>> oggz-known-codecs.c:111: warning: passing argument 4 of 'qsort'
>> from incompatible pointer type
>
> This is because qsort's compare function should take two 'const void
> *' arguments, but what's really being passed are 'char **'.

applied random typecast hackery in r3684

> These are all innocent, so I'll leave them to kfish to resolve as he
> likes.

thanks, but unfortunately the fixes I made are nearly as inelegant as
turning off individual warnings (which reminds we, we need updates for
the MSVC build).

K.