[ogg-dev] Cross compiling from Linux to Win32

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+xiph at mega-nerd.com
Sun Apr 13 05:33:30 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have just commited a couple of small fixes [0] to allow libogg to
be compiled using the MinGW cross compile tools on Linux to
generate Win32 binaries (include a DLL) and run the tests under
Wine (the windows emulator).

On Ubuntu (or Debian) do you will need to install the following:

     apt-get mingw32 mingw32-binutils mingw32-runtime wine

To configure and build do:

    ./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc \
         --target=i586-mingw32msvc \
         --build=i586-linux
    make
    make check

Cheers,
Erik

[0] I really doubt these have broken anything else, but let me know
    if it has.