[ogg-dev] Re: [Vorbis-dev] Peer review draft for the new media types/file extensions

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 08:21:29 PDT 2007

On 9/24/07, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> The point I
> wanted to bring up was the MAY ignore unrecognised stream
> types, which I understood to be a future proofing mechanism.

Oh.

There is a similar notice in the wiki, which I did not integrate in
the registration proposal.

"apps that identify a logical bitstream which they cannot decode
SHOULD ignore it but MAY still decode the ones they can"

This is only in "application/ogg", though.  Should I integrate it in
the registration proposal?  And if yes, only in application, or also
in video and audio?

Actually, I think it may integrate well in the "Encoding
Considerations" section, which applies to the three media types.

> It is much appreciated.  (Though that's not much consolation.)

There's the RTP/Oggless media types to do next.  I'm already feeling
excited about it.

-Ivo