[ogg-dev] The use for an XML based metadata format

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Mon Sep 17 13:34:45 PDT 2007

Daniel Aleksandersen wrote:
> On Monday 17. September 2007 07:47:19 David K. Gasaway wrote:
>> Even today, I use my own "metadata format" -- essentially a superset of
>> vorbis comments.  There is one file per release, even with a multi-disc
>> release.  As a final part of the ripping process, I apply this metadata
>> to the FLAC or Vorbis files.
>
> Why don't you share your own metadata format as proposals on the wiki?
> http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/VorbisComments

I put it in quotes for a reason. :)  I'm hesitant to call it another
metadata format, because it's little more than vorbis comments extended
to apply a tag to an entire release or a selection of tracks.  It's all
distilled down to ordinary vorbis comments in the end.  It's really not
an alternative to vorbis comments or your proposal.  If anyone is
interested, I'd be happy to discuss it, but I was merely trying to
illustrate my point re: storing metadata separately from the audio files.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org
-:-:- Web  : dave.gasaway.org