[ogg-dev] The use for an XML based metadata format

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Sun Sep 9 17:59:35 PDT 2007

Daniel Aleksandersen <aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com> wrote:
> Since the URI attribute can describe locations (URLs), the format could work
> as a RDF document; being an external resource describing external content.
> But of course the metadata would be in the Ogg stream-container-thingy
> (...somehow. help. input?) in the case of the Ogg format.

As this would be XML, I assumed it would be in
a separate Ogg stream as per the "Metadata"
proposal at:
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Metadata

I also puzzle why you want to include in it a
top-level description of the Ogg streams
present in the container.  I had thought that
was what Ogg Skeleton was for.  I can see the
point of including Artist, Rights, etc.

I will crawl back into my hole now.
--
Martin J Leese