[ogg-dev] Feedback on XML metadata namespace

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com
Fri Sep 7 09:41:38 PDT 2007

On 2007-09-07, Richard wrote:
Hi Richard,

Thanks for showing interest.

> I just wanted to write to say thank you for taking the time to work on
> this. It is desperately needed IMO.

I agree. However there has not been any signs of anyone taking interest in
this yet. I cannot dedicate too much time to this. Especially with no
support or backing from anyone.

> I will definitely look at this as soon as I have time and comment. I
> am a concert musician (what most ppl would call a "classical"
> musician) and every metadata format I've ever seen falls short for
> concert music.

Make sure to look at the original suggestion and the new suggestion. They
are very alike, but I do think the new version is better. Definitely more
software friendly and scalable.

> I am EXTREMELY busy (I'm writing this from work "shhh!!!") though so
> if you don't hear from me, please nudge me.

I will keep nudging you every day if it helps! You may contact me on Jabber
if you have time.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen