tool to add skeleton (was Re: [Vorbis-dev] Re: [ogg-dev] Peer review draft for the new)

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:34:52 PDT 2007

Draft updated with all references.  I suppose it's safe to convert to
XML to make sure pagination is fine and then submit it.  I'll wait two
more days in case someone wants to add, comment, or fix something.  Is
this fair?

More below.

On 10/3/07, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is actually an I-D that Luca is writing
> for audio/vorbis at
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-vorbis-07.txt

That document states that RTP Vorbis needs a special media type for
configuration data.  What is this exactly?  Is it really necessary?  I
never saw RTP payload formats using a configuration-only media type.
Then again, I only read the draft briefly, so most likely there may be
a reason to have it.  Doesn't hurt to ask, though.

> And we should start using audio/vorbis where it is appropriate instead
> of audio/x-vorbis.

I agree with this.  And the new Ogg media types.  While looking for
references for that draft, I found that most if not all documentation
related with Ogg, Vorbis, Theora, and Speex state old (application/ogg
only) or x-like media types.  This should be fixed.  With permission
I'll try to fix those that are basic HTML -- PDF files made from LaTeX
without the original TeX are out my scope.

-Ivo