[ogg-dev] Re: [theora-dev] Re: [Advocacy] Re: [Vorbis-dev] Proposal: An extension to rules all others

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 05:19:44 PDT 2007

Replies inline (quotes are not in their original order :).

On 5/16/07, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the benefit of those who missed today's xiphmeet a consensus
> was reached on mime-types and extensions[1].

I have just edited the wiki to reflect the outcome of our discussion.
http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/MIME_Types_and_File_Extensions

> [1] Some important Xiph people weren't present though, is
>     this waiting their approval?

I hereby poll for one final round of disapprovals/discussion on the
wiki page before making it an officially supported Xiph policy. Those
who care thus have a final chance. Cut-off point is the June Xiph
meeting.

>  So: at what point
> does an announcement need to be sent out and where[2]?
>
> [2] As well as news sites the Wikipedia page might be due an
>     edit for instance, once the change is certain.

We should discuss announcements at the next xiph meeting.

In addition to an update of the wikipedia page, we might consider a
press release. We haven't done press releases recently - this might be
an opportunity to start so again.

Also as a consequence of the discussion, we need to update our rfcs.

> Silvia has said she hasn't much available time to work on a new
> RFC, what can be done to help?

Any volunteers to help me turn that wiki page into an rfc are very welcome!

Cheers,
Silvia.