[ogg-dev] Xiph Online Meeting on 16th of May, Wednesday, 6:00 am UTC?

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Sun May 13 11:49:05 PDT 2007

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since the last meeting and issues are starting to
pile up again.  I propose a meeting at the 16th of May, next Wednesday
at 6:00 am UTC.  Does everyone agree with time/day?

Agenda may be found at http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/MonthlyMeeting200705

Preliminary Agenda:
* Google Summer of Code 2007; how are the projects/candidates going?

* discussing current proposals to use Xiph codecs outside Ogg and
which one we should endorse [1] [2]
** I, Ivo, have talked with Monty about the proposal from the mplayer
people, and we decided it would be best to reach a consensus between
the concerned parties (i.e. our codec developers).

* libao
** BeN [F1233 121D3R] offered to mantain libao[3] and provide a libao
win32 patch[4].

* theora
**What about releasing 1.0alpha8 with current svn of theora-old, while
completing the transition to the new complete decoder (which now is
slower in many cases)[5]? Current svn of theora-old has a faster
decoder and an improved encoder wrt 1.0alpha7.

* other project reports/updates

***If we are to have a meeting it IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT THE LINKS
BELOW ARE ANALYZED PRIOR TO THE MEETING, or we'll be wasting a lot of
time during it.***

[1] http://svn.mplayerhq.hu/nut/trunk/docs/draft-xiph-oggless-00.xml?revision=126&view=markup
[2] http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/vorbis-dev/2006-July/018508.html
[3] http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/vorbis-dev/2007-April/018760.html