[ogg-dev] Problem in devloping basic ogg streaming player for windows-Please help

Tapesh Goyal tapesh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 06:09:26 PDT 2006

Hi,
I am a newbie and devloping a basic ogg player. I have taken help from this
turorial:
http://www.devmaster.net/articles/openal-tutorials/lesson8.php
Thanks to jesse.

It is using openAL and ogg sdk. I am able to compile and execute this sample
perfactly fine. And ogg file on disk is playing perfactly fine. This
tutorial is using 2 buffers for streaming.

My requirement is to play file through URL like
http://mp3stream.wfmu.org:8008/wfmu.ogg. But when I am trying to do that
fopen is failing in following code.
if(!(oggFile = fopen(path.c_str(), "rb")))
        throw string("Could not open Ogg file.");

As fopen gives handel for files which are on disk only.

So can anybody help me How to play a file using URL in windows?  Any code
snippet/tutorial would be highly appriciated .
Is this tutorial works fine to play ogg streams through URL ?

Thanks,
Tapesh.