[ogg-dev] validator.annodex.org

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 07:25:07 PST 2006

On 2/16/06, Conrad Parker <conrad at metadecks.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The Annodex Foundation is pleased to announce the general availability of
> the Annodex Media Validation Service, a free service that checks
> Web-accessible Ogg, CMML and Annodex media resources for conformance to
> Annodex and Xiph.Org specifications:
>
>     http://validator.annodex.org/
>
> Details about the operation of this service are available at:
>
>     http://validator.annodex.org/about.html

(You really don't want to know this I'm sure)
I gave this a go this morning on the samples from
<http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Metadata>, which
are there mainly for the purpose of breaking things.
They don't validate (which neither surprises nor upsets
me), but I downloaded the oggz source and built oggz-validate
to find out why and discovered that it segfaults, which it
probably shouldn't (I didn't have time to look into the cause).
As far as I know they are valid ogg bitstreams (ogginfo passes
them okay), even if the contents aren't proper media types.

On a completely irrelevant point, are the Annodex people
aware of <http://www.songbirdnest.com/>?  This is going
to be an itunes-like media player/web browser built around
XULRunner.  From their website: "Songbird can view Web
pages as dynamic playlists that it can play, save, or
automatically download every day."

--
imalone