[ogg-dev] oggpcm2 sample rate

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu Feb 9 15:00:33 PST 2006

Hi,

although the OggPCM2 draft states that it is a work in progress, it also
states that the main points of contention are in optional headers.

I'd like to add OggPCM2 seeking support to liboggz, which will also
display correct timestamps in oggzdump and allow oggz-validate to run
on OggPCM2 files for testing, while implementations are being
developed.

In order to do this, only the Main Header Packet needs to be parsed;
hence without requesting that the whole format be frozen, it would be
useful to freeze a version of the main header format. (Without
releasing the whole format, it will be useful to freeze even just the
position of the "Sampling rate" field).

Can we state that? It'd be the first step to start testing implementations
of the channel mappings and conversion stuff ...

Conrad.