[ogg-dev] OGM and GStreamer

Silvia.Pfeiffer at csiro.au Silvia.Pfeiffer at csiro.au
Wed Aug 16 04:35:29 PDT 2006

Hi Daraku,

the answer to question 3) is that only Annodex files (see http://www.annodex.net/) have a text track in them in which subtitles can be stored. So, if you use anxrip on a ogg+skeleton+theora+vorbis+CMML file (which is an Annodex video), you will be able to get the text out using anxrip or if you are searching for a library, using libannodex.

A subtitle editor would actually be used to create the subtitles and store them with the video in such files, but I guess also to read such files and edit them.

Cheers,
Silvia.