[ogg-dev] Ambisonics und OggPCM

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+xiph at mega-nerd.com
Mon Nov 14 14:42:42 PST 2005

[ NB: This email is to the ogg-dev list only. ]

Arc wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 03:10:22AM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> > That spec is being superceded by:
> >
> >      http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/OggPCM2
>
> The project has been forked, not superceded.
>
> Work on OggPCM is continuing, the team working on OggPCM2 is free to submit
> their own draft but some are not welcome to continue work on OggPCM due to
> their recent social conduct.

Thats fine by me.

However, I seem to remember that the Xiph commnity works by rough concensus.

So, the people working on OggPCM2 are Jean-Marc, Silvia, Conrad, Zen, Mike
Smith, John Koleszar and myself. We have had considerable discussion on
this issue via email. I am willing to provide the whole set of email
(currently over 25 emails) to anyone who thinks that what we are working
on is not a work of concensus.

> I'm requesting that the team working on OggPCM2 rename their project to avoid
> confusion, prehaps to the four letter "WAVE" which would fill the first 32-bits
> as codec magic.

Excluding the people above working on OggPCM2, who, other than you is working on
OggPCM?

> Neither team has produced a "release canidate" draft up for approval by Xiph as
> a whole, so both can be considered parrellel projects.

Your effort seems to be a team of one. The OggPCM2 team has seven members.
Which has the highest level of concensus?

Erik