[ogg-dev] wiki & our community

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+xiph at mega-nerd.com
Fri Nov 11 01:03:07 PST 2005

Arc wrote:

> In addition, I'd like to say how awesome our little community of hackers have
> been oven the past week.  IRC, email, the lists, and the wiki have been abuzz
> with many of us hashing out different ideas and making them work together.

Are you in the same universe as me?

> Despite some of us having strong differences of opinion, we've all been pretty
> well mannered and overall respectful to each other, even when we don't agree.

What part of "we have yet to find anyone who agrees with you" do you not
understand?

> It's also great to see that we're able to debate and compromise without personal
> attachement to our arguments, something we really must always keep in mind to do
> as having a healthy, positive and cooperative community is more important than
> any one design decidion or code method.

What part of "you are way under-qualified to design this thing" do you not
understand?

> I've been feeling prowd to work with all of you, even when we don't agree :-)

Every time I read one of your emails I feel stupider than I was before.

You have been shown to be wrong and/or ignorant of anything approaching reality
time and time again. And yet you still refuse to listen.

> Now let's settling what few things we have left and get these codecs frozen!
> John needs to get these implemented by this week, after all...

Designing according to some overly prematue deadline is a surefire way to
produce utter crap.

John if he's wise will find an alternative to OggPCM because this looks like
a turkey.

Erik