[ogg-dev] ogg-vorbis seeking.

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 10:05:59 PST 2005

On Apr 2, 2005 4:34 PM, Vishweshwar Hiremath
<vishweshwar.hiremath at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been working for developing of DirectShow filters for
> OggVorbis decoder. The development is almost over and i'am able to
> play .ogg files in windows media player.
>
> I also need to implement seeking in my DShow filters.
> API level implementation within my filters is also over but it is not
> working properly. Please let me know what changes do i need to make
> inside the decoder library of
> ogg-vorbis. The file based seeking is implemented in this library. But
> i need the buffer based. Please let me know if any one has done this
> before.
> Thank you.

There's a complete set of ogg and vorbis (plus various other codecs,
but you don't need to use those if you don't want to) directshow
filters in xiph.org svn, with binaries distributed by their primary
author available at www.illiminable.com

If there's some particular reason why you can't use those (which seems
unlikely, but if so, could you let us know why?), then you might still
find the source a useful reference for how to implement the bits that
you're finding confusing.

Mike