[ogg-dev] streaming versus editing

John Kintree jkintree at swbell.net
Wed Dec 1 11:15:57 PST 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:25:43 -0800, Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> I think it would be better to say which formats are technically
> superiour for streaming (ogg and mpeg program streams) or
> editing (quicktime/matroska) or dead/obsolete (AVI, MCF?),

If video is recorded and saved in ogg/theora container/format, could it be
converted into matroska/theora container/format without loss of quality for
the purpose of editing, and then converted back into ogg/theora
container/format without loss of quality for streaming?  Would the advantage
that the matroska container has in editing make it worth the effort to do the
conversion?
John