[neurosetta] pyvorbis on Debian

silas bennett spiritwing at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 20:46:29 PST 2003

Hello Everyone,

I am the proud new owner of a Neuros audio player!!!

I am having a little bit of trouble getting the ogg support in place though
=0(
I Installed positron & upgraded the firmware without a problem. I have ogg
support enabled in the config script.

To get pyogg & pyvorbis installed I tried:

apt-get install python-pyogg
apt-get install python-pyvorbis

(Obviously I am using Debian)

pyogg installed ok, but there were dependancy problems with pyvorbis.
Basicly I could install pyvorbis, but it would break xine, kreatecd, & kde
if I did. So I downloaded the pyvorbis source tarball.

When I run (in the pyvorbis source directory):

python setup.py build

(Note: I am using python2.3) I get this output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 6, in ?
    from distutils.core import setup
ImportError: No module named distutils.core

I am pretty sure that python >= 1.6 already includes Distutils, but I go to
get the Distutils-1.0.2 source tarball anyway.

When I run (in the Distutils-1.0.2 source directory):

udo python setup.py install

I get this output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 30, in ?
    packages = ['distutils', 'distutils.command'],
  File "/home/silasb/temp/Install/Distutils-1.0.2/distutils/core.py", line
101,
in setup
    _setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
  File "/home/silasb/temp/Install/Distutils-1.0.2/distutils/dist.py", line
130,
in __init__
    setattr(self, method_name, getattr(self.metadata, method_name))
AttributeError: DistributionMetadata instance has no attribute 'get___doc__'

Silas Bennett

=0)

by mediocre minds!
~Albert Einstein