[neurosetta] pyvorbis on Debian

silas bennett spiritwing at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 1 15:34:28 PST 2003

Hi Jason,

>In Debian, I believe you need python-dist or something like that.  This
>is the distutils for python in Debian.

</Snip>

Nope that package doesn't exist.

Also Note:

I have python-dev installed via apt / dselect and here is the description of
said package from dselect

python-dev - Header files and a static library for Python (default)

<Snip From dselect>

Header files, a static library and development tools for building Python
modules, extending the Python interpreter or
embedding Python in applications.

Includes the python distutils, which were in a separate package up to
version 1.5.2.

This package is a dependency package, which depends on Debian's default
Python version (currently v2.3).

</Snip From dselect>

Cheers,
Silas Bennett