[neurosetta] Playlists

Ignacio Solis isolis at igso.net
Fri Jun 13 19:17:53 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 17:56, Stan Seibert wrote:
> how would you want to control the playlists?

Good for me:

$ positron new-playlist playlistname playlistfilename

maybe even...

$ positron create-playlist playlistnmae file1 file2 file3 ...

In both cases it would seem important to know what the filenames will be
relative too, the logical form  would be from the Neuros mount point
(from root, but on the mountpoint).  There could always be a
tool/command for converting playlists from the syncpoint to the neuros
dir.

> Have positron read M3U/PLS files?  Keep in mind
> that positron doesn't necessarily know which files on your hard drive
> correspond to which files on your Neuros, so any scheme needs to be with
> reference to files stored on the Neuros itself.

For the playlist, m3u/pls files could work. Is there a plan to add the
all-the-possible-music-files-in-my-computer playlist?

I guess it should be kept in mind that with the simple functionality a
more complex tool could always be built on top.

$ positron list-playlists
$ positron cat-playlist
$ positron del-playlist

would also necessary in some form.

> How do you want/plan to use the playlist feature?

In my case I would like to have lists for different occasion, party,
car, easy listening, lab, etc. (20G version).   For the 128M version I
guess it would be more beneficial to be able to load different
"configurations", i.e. jogging set 1, gym set 2, aerobics set 4, etc.
This could potentially be managed by a playlist consisting of the songs
you want to load.  With the correct primitives (which should be already
there), this can be delegated to a higher level tool too.

Nacho

--
"In Googlis non est, ergo non est." - Anonymous Coward
Homepage:       http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~isolis/  |  EEE8 08C9 FBAE B471 9691