[neurosetta] Updating tags

Ignacio Solis isolis at igso.net
Fri Jun 27 13:28:24 PDT 2003

I was wondering, what is the most efficient way to update the tags on
the files?  I haven't read through the positron code to see if it does
this but something tells me this was not a priority :-).

I guess what I'm looking for is to update the tags but not copy the
whole file over again. I'm not an expert in mp3 or ogg so I don't know
if the tags are at the beginning of the file or the end. I don't want to
force the os to read the file over usb, rearrange the data (for tags of
different sizes) and write it back.  Are the tags reserved space in an
mp3/ogg?

In the case of the neuros database, is all the info gotten from there
and only the audio from the file? In that case, could we update only the
database?

Nacho

--
"In Googlis non est, ergo non est." - Anonymous Coward
Homepage:       http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~isolis/  |  EEE8 08C9 FBAE B471 9691