[neurosetta] Scandisk from linux?

Jason M. Sullivan jsullivan at nc.rr.com
Sat Jul 26 08:46:21 PDT 2003

I think I've got some funky filesystem errors on the Neuros, and I'm hoping
it's not hard-drive problems (When reading certain spots on the disk, the
transfer rate slows down markedly, and the hard drive makes the kind of
chirping noises that sound like retrys).

I ran fsck.vfat on the Neuros, and got the following question...

[root at localhost root]# fsck.vfat /dev/sda1
dosfsck 2.7, 14 Feb 2001, FAT32, LFN
Warning: FAT32 support is still ALPHA.
FATs differ but appear to be intact. Use which FAT ?
1) Use first FAT
2) Use second FAT
?

I exited the program, figuring I was headed for disaster.  Any opinions?

   ////           Jason M. SULLIVAN   jsullivan at nc.rr.com
  |c-oo               http://home.nc.rr.com/jason0x21
   \_-     "That's not music, that's just sound!" - J. David Fries
Neurosetta homepage: http://www.neurosetta.org/