[neurosetta] Issues....

Hitomi Ikazuchi ikazuchi at cryhavok.org
Mon Jul 21 06:26:42 PDT 2003

Argh...

So, after much pain and torment, I actually have the vorbis firmware on my
neuros and a bunch of really nice oggs on the drive.

After using a different machine to rebuild the DB and have the neuros
actually see the oggs, I happily slipped on my headphones and started up
my music.

The beginning strings of Apocalyptica's Hope vol.2 sounded beautiful.
Until the the second cello came in and I started getting the odd
screeching sound when ever the music got too loud. No skipping, just this
annoying background screech. So I checked it with another song, different
band. Same issue.

I went back and checked my original oggs, no problem there.

I encoded my oggs with grip, and a bitrate of 192. They sound fine on my
box, but my neuros doesn't seem to like them. Any suggestions (if its a
bitrate issue, are the tools for bitrate peeling available)?

-D-
Neurosetta homepage: http://www.neurosetta.org/