[neurosetta] Genre Tags

Dan Berger dberger at oubliette.org
Tue Jul 8 08:11:56 PDT 2003

Question for the assembled masses.  Not being terribly familiar with MP3
tags, I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is a bug or not.

I have a couple dozen mp3's and I've recently started adding Genre tags
to them along with the rest of my ogg files.  When I look at the genre
under easytag (which I'm using to do the tagging) it will report (for
example) "Techno", looking at the tag via id3info or on the Neuros, I'll
see " (18)Techno."

So my Genre list on the neuros looks like this:

(100)Humour
(137)Heavy Metal
(15)Rap
(18)Techno
(24)Soundtrack
(66)New Wave
Adult Alternative
Adult Contemporary

That means (among other things) that the mp3's are seggregated into
their own genre - which isn't terribly useful if you want a random
playlist of a particular genre - you either choose the genre with the
ogg's in it, or the one with the mp3's in it.

Any comments?

--

...Dan Berger [dberger at oubliette.org]
   http://www.oubliette.org/~dberger

   For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over
   public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

				- Richard P. Feynman