[neurosetta] success...

Dan Berger dberger at oubliette.org
Wed Jul 2 07:59:21 PDT 2003

Well, seems that using rsync with the bandwidth limit did the trick - I
left the sync running over night and came back to a working machine and
a completed sync.

The only unexpected surprise was that the --include flags didn't behave
as I had expected (I don't use rsync all that often) so I ended up with
a handful of flac files and a google of playlists copied over as well.
I did some experimentation with rsync this morning and sorted that bit
out.

For those playing along from home (or just looking for a way to get
tracks onto the neuros so they can do a positron rebuild) - the final
command line I used looked like this:

rsync -rvvP --size-only --bwlimit=400 --include=*/ --include=*.ogg
--include=*.mp3 --exclude=* . /mnt/neuros/music

--

...Dan Berger [dberger at oubliette.org]
   http://www.oubliette.org/~dberger

   "PALACE, n. A fine and costly residence, particularly that of a
    great official. The residence of a high dignitary of the Christian
    Church is called a palace; that of the Founder of his religion was
    known as a field, or wayside. There is progress."

                               - Ambrose Bierce