[libannodex-dev] Changing from CVS to Subversion on April 5 (tonight)

Andre Pang Andre.Pang at csiro.au
Mon Apr 5 15:28:34 EST 2004

Hi all,

In an effort to modernise our current version control system, I'll be
swapping over the Annodex CVS repository over to Subversion on April
5th (i.e. tonight) at around 11pm.  I'll send out another email a few
minutes before the conversion starts.

For people who prefer to work with CVS, the CVS repository will
continue to work in read-only mode, and will be updated with the latest
patches from the Subversion repo every 10 minutes.

If you haven't worked with Subversion yet, don't fear: the Subversion
user manual has a short, informative chapter on the differences between
it and CVS, and tells you about the few new commands that you'll have
to learn.  I'll post details about the conversion after it's done, but
in the meantime, you may wish to check out details about the Subversion
project yourself at <http://subversion.tigris.org>.

(There was an email sent out about a previous CVS -> Subversion
conversion, which had to be postponed due to delays with firewalls.
The firewall is now ready for us, so we're moving tonight!)

Happy hacking,