[Icecast] Education - 1, 000s, 100, 000's, Millions of listeners. (What kind of infrastructure)

Wayne Barron wayne at cffcs.com
Wed Mar 20 17:16:49 UTC 2024

Hello everyone.

This is something I am interested in learning more about.
Let's say you have an audience of (what is in the subject line.)
What kind of infrastructure do you need for Icecast?

I asked a similar question about the liquidsoap group.

In Windows and Linux web servers, we can create a forest for our web servers.
Send traffic to different servers to even the workload.

Can we do something like this with the Icecast servers?
(or)
Will we have to install new VMs, add the heavy stations on that one,
and send the new traffic there?

Thanks for any discussion on this.
Wayne