[Icecast] perfect html player for Icacast ?

marc at clubcapelli.com marc at clubcapelli.com
Thu Jan 18 10:32:45 UTC 2024

Good morning from France,

I probably wasn't very clear in my question in fact, sorry, I'll try to
rephrase it :

I have a webradio that works on a independant music website, everything
is ok on the 3 server : I have control of the Icecast server (Linux VPS)
and the
source client (Windows server with RadioDJ + MariaDB + HeidiSQL +
Virtual Audio Cable + MB Recaster) and the HTML webserver for the radio
website

music tracks play fine h24
the metadata are great displayed: group name and title songs (only
strings, extract from the file name, very simple, works good)
from these two data, the player we use will search itself for the cover
of the song (LastFM database probably), and the name of the album and
display all of that for the listener perfectly on the website, no
problem
we even have display the history of the last 10 songs
this is all good and works fine, and it is very simple (i can share if
you are interested)

but it is an assembly of two different players on the same webpage, and
not a very professional "perfect ultime html player" which would do
everything on a single solution
and also we sometimes have problems with accents or atypical fonts for
some bands overseas with strange names :)

so I was wondering if you have found a solution for your own radios that
was better than this one, a sort of perfect html player on your website
that does all that very well and much more, for a very low price?

thank you,
Marc - France