[Icecast] IPV6 in version 2.4.4

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Thu Jan 19 12:54:54 UTC 2023

Good morning,

On Thu, 2023-01-19 at 13:19 +0100, Marvin Scholz wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2023, at 22:56, Damian wrote:
>
> > Another question: I see in the icecast config it states that "If a
> > bind-address is not specified for a particular listen-socket, then
> > the socket will be bound to all interfaces (including IPv6 if
> > available). “
> >
> > Are there any checks / tests that I could do at my end show if it
> > is configured for IPV6 connections?  The one below doesn’t seem to
> > confirm that it’s configured that way.
> >

> If I remember correctly, on Linux it depends on the system
> configuration if a socket binds both
> IPv4 and IPv6 or not.

That is true at least for 2.4.x. In 2.5.x I improved that code, plus it
reports on the dashboard if IPv6 is not available.

As for 2.4.x and older 2.5.x versions I would suggest to use netstat to
check the binds and/or configure them more explicitly by binding to ::
and 0.0.0.0 with two listen sockets. This is also required on systems
that do not support legacy IP over IPv6 or have it disabled.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon:  +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015