[Icecast] Send admin kill request to server

HGAlt hgalt at gmx.net
Tue Feb 14 18:24:20 UTC 2023

Good afternoon Philipp and everyone,

I am a little bit confused!

http://192.168.1.10:8000/admin/killclient?mount=/mystream.ogg&id=21

This is an example of the Icecast documentation for kill a client.
And this is a HTTP GET, which is send to the Icecast server.
You also wrote, that there are no user and pass for an API.

What I have to know, what does the Icecast server expect?
If there is no user and pass, how the server knows, that is a valid request.

I also figured out, that I got a network error, if I address the server with his full URL, like  https://www.server.xy, when I use localhost or the local IP like 10.0.0.x, I got a normal error without any addition description.

So I believe, that I first have to understand, what I have to send to the server and how the Icecast server understand, that it has to execute this API!
As long it is not clear to me, I don't know what to do.
The software is written by myself and therefore I can control it.

Kind regards,
HGA