[Icecast] Send admin kill request to server

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Tue Feb 14 16:25:02 UTC 2023

Good morning,

On Tue, 2023-02-14 at 12:47 +0100, HGAlt wrote:
> Good morning Philipp,
>
> in the log files I couldn't find anything, but the level is only set
> to 3. I set it now to 4, but a restart is require first.

the access log should always have an entry. If it doesn't something is
wrong.

In the good case the first request is rejected (with a 401), and then
the client will do all other requests authed (mostly 2xx status codes).

> How can I set the credentials?

That depends on the client you use. Without knowing that nobody can
answer that. It should be in the documentation of the software you use
to make the request.

> If I use <bind-address> is the server than only listen to this IP?
> Can I have 2 bind-addresses for one port?

This has nothing to do with the listen sockets.

> Where can I find additional information about setting the
> credentials?

In the documentation of the software you use to make the API request.

> Can I provide you my configuration directly?

I don't think this is in any way related to Icecast's config at this
point.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon:  +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015