[Icecast] Send admin kill request to server

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Mon Feb 13 14:12:14 UTC 2023

Good morning,

On Mon, 2023-02-13 at 14:53 +0100, HGAlt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem, which I don’t understand!
> I create a URL like:
>
> https://…:8000/admin/killclient.xsl?user=admin&pass=password&mount=/mount.mpeg&id=123456

This doesn't look like a valid API endpoint and parameters.

endpoints under /admin that end with ".xsl" are for users only, not for
machine made requests. Remove the ".xsl" to do an API call.

Also there is no "user" or "pass" parameter.

> If I send this URL via a browser to the Icecast server, it works
> fine! But if I send the same URL via JQUERY AJAX, it failed, because
> “Authentication Required”. But the user and the password is included.

Likely the browser sends the required credentials via HTTP auth as
required. It may do so without telling you when it has them cached.

> The browser and the PHP JQuery is running on the same physical
> Windows server.
>
> Was somebody else already run into the same problem?

I just confirmed here with current devel build, the following works
fine for me:

wget -SO /dev/null --user=admin --password=hackme --post-data='mount=/example1.ogg&id=44' http://localhost:8000/admin/killclient

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon:  +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015