[Icecast] random Login failed from icecast2

tyctor tyctor at post.cz
Thu Nov 24 23:07:58 UTC 2022

hi

i upgraded our VPS from Ubuntu 18.04 to Ubuntu 22.04
and weird things started to happen

we are using ezstream 1.0.2 as source player for our comunity radio
and icecast 2.4.4 with SSL from ubuntu repositories

what is happening is that ezstream is getting randomly Login failed

ezstream[560009]: stream: default: connect: [77.93.223.221]:8000: error
-3: Login failed
ezstream[560009]: initial server connection failed

on old system this never happend
but we not used ubuntu version because (due to not compiled SSL
support) but version from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/xiph/xUbuntu_18.04/

has somebody similar experience with ubuntu 22.04 and its icecast
2.4.4?

is there xiph version for ubuntu 22.04? i can find only for ubuntu
19.10

thank for any reply
viktor