[Icecast] Config mountpoints Icecast 2.4.4

Jordan Erickson jordan at subj.am
Thu Nov 24 03:35:49 UTC 2022

Just a quick sidenote: though it's not technically necessary, it's
advisable to create an extension of the codec type for the mountpoint
configured, such as:

<mount-name>/live.opus</mount-name>

This allows a wider range of listener clients to understand how to
handle the incoming stream.

Sincerely,
Jordan Erickson

On 11/23/22 18:33, שמעון קופפרמן wrote:

> Hello dear Joerg,
>
> From your question it can be understood that you are less familiar
> with the configuration file of the software ("icecast.xml").
>
> Basically, the answer to your questions is very simple. You won't find
> what you're looking for inside the software, because it's not there.
> By default the data you were looking for does not appear in the
> configuration file.
>
> But, it's very easy to add them, and get the result you're looking for.
> I myself always define these things directly in the configuration
> file, to overcome wrong information that will be inserted inside the
> encoders.
>
> I will write to you below an example of the code that should be added
> to the software's configuration file, you should of course change the
> words to whatever suits you, but I would like to point out that as of
> the current version, some things do not have an effect as they should
> have (in my view, this is a problem with the software and not with the
> settings - the settings that I will indicate to you comes directly
> from the software's official documentation).
>
> It is important to remember that the Icecast server must be Restart
> after each change in the software configuration file, in order for it
> to take effect. Although it is possible to settle for a Reload instead
> of a full Restart, but in my opinion, it is almost always advisable to
> Restart.
>
> Before the code, I'll give you a brief concise explanation:
>
> For each anchor point, you create its own customized code. If I'm not
> mistaken, there doesn't appear to be an efficient way to define those
> details so that they appear automatically in all the anchor points.
> On my server, I created another anchor (which always runs), the
> purpose of which was to prevent disconnection of listeners from the
> stream, if there was a problem in the studio, and the broadcast from
> the studio was disconnected.
>
> The code of the anchor defines which anchor point it refers to.
>
> Let's say your anchor point is called "Live":
>
> <mount>
>     <mount-name>/live</mount-name>
>     <stream-name>My Radio Name</stream-name>
>     <stream-description>My Radio Description</stream-description>
> <stream-url>https://radio.example.com/</stream-url>
>     <genre>Pop</genre>
> </mount>
>
> With a few other things I usually use on me:
>
> <mount>
>     <mount-name>/live</mount-name>
>     <stream-name>My Radio Name</stream-name>
>     <stream-description>My Radio Description</stream-description>
> <stream-url>https://radio.example.com/</stream-url>
>     <genre>Pop</genre>
>     <fallback-mount>/backup</fallback-mount>
>     <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
>     <hidden>0</hidden>
>     <public>0</public>
> </mount>
>
> Now with an explanation:

> [...]