[Icecast] Upcoming presentation: Icecast URL authentication

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Thu Mar 10 10:23:04 UTC 2022

Good morning,

On Fri, 2022-03-04 at 17:19 +0200, Yahav Shasha wrote:
> Would love to get a link as well
>
> בתאריך יום ו׳, 4 במרץ 2022, 17:12, מאת Chip ‏<chiapas at aktivix.org>:
> > Anyone have a link to the Jitsi session?
> >
> > I can't see it though I've registered for the event.

I'm sorry that it wasn't to be.

Shortly after I posted the link on the list we were already out of
virtual seats. We limit the amount of attendee to have the room for
everyone to participate in the discussion following every
presentation¹.

We generally announce first on our LinkedIn page:
https://www.linkedin.com/company/loewenfelsen/

If there are still seats left, we may announce over here as well.

Who get's a seat: It is mostly "First come, first served". However we
prioritise a little bit: Coworkers first, if some asked for a topic we
try to get them in, ...

That said about the background, here are the good news:
We plan to run this series of presentations for at least all of this
year. There will be roughly one every two weeks (skipping holidays
etc.).

If anyone has a request for a topic, we're happy to hear about it (off-
list). Also if we'll repeat those presentations that resulted in most
interest. (And then we'll prioritise those who did not made it yet :).

I hope this adds a bit of transparency on why and how.

With best regards,

¹ This is also why we do not publish recordings and why we operate
"cams off".

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon:  +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015