[Icecast] currently playing

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Thu Feb 24 11:44:50 UTC 2022

Good afternoon,

On Thu, 2022-02-24 at 13:32 +0200, Geoff Shang wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2022, Joerg Land wrote:
>
> > I just want to display the title of song which is currently
> > playing.
> >
> > I have an xml-file with the information from an playout systen.
> >
> > Who can I transfer this information from the xml file to the
> > icecast into
> > "currently playing" field?
>
> Example:
>
> http://192.168.1.10:8000/admin/metadata?mount=/mystream&mode=updinfo&song=ACDC+Back+In+Black
>
> Source: https://icecast.org/docs/icecast-latest/admin-interface.html

Please note that this is only true for legacy streams that do not
support metadata (MP3 and AAC). For everything else Icecast uses the
metadata that is part of the used format as by said format's
specification.

Access control restrictions/security mechanisms may apply depending on
your version of Icecast and/or configuration.

Also as this is for legacy/unsupported formats only you are on your own
if you use this endpoint. Things might break at any time.

The way to go is letting the encoder and/or source client handle this.
It is there job in the first place.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon:  +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015