[Icecast] CONNECTION STATS

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Mon Feb 14 15:29:00 UTC 2022

Good afternoon,

On Mon, 2022-02-14 at 12:29 +0000, Richard Bartholomew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way, please, of being able to see historical connection
> details in V2.4.4? For example, I wish to be able to see when a
> presenter disconnected from the server and the following one
> connected in order to be able to troubleshoot a problem. Since the
> incident, there have been subsequent connections and, so, the admin
> page doesn't show the info I'm after as it shows the current status.
>

> I've had a look through the access.log file

that is exactly the place go to for.

> but this doesn't seem to detail when a streaming connection is made
> or dropped. The software being used for streaming is Station Playlist
> and I can see lots of entries for this but it all seems to be related
> to getting listener stats!
>
> Maybe I'm not interpreting the access.log correctly but if anyone can
> shed any light upon what I'm trying to do, I'd really appreciate it.

I think you might have missed the important lines all the data.

Source connections are, generally speaking, using PUT or SOURCE. The
status code reflects the status of the mounting, so if a source
successfully mounted the status will be a 200.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015