[Icecast] No PRNG seed configured. PRNG is insecure.

Damian db76 at riseup.net
Sat Aug 6 07:31:51 UTC 2022

Hi,

I am migrating from icecast 2.4.4 and testing version 2.5.
I have installed on Debian 10 via source. Everything is working, although I can see in the Icecast admin page and also in the logs the following message:

No PRNG seed configured. PRNG is insecure

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
This looks to be related to TSL/SSL. I have the public and private parts of my key together in a PEM, if this helps with diagnosing the issue.

Regards
Damian