[Icecast] Client has fallen too far behind

Milton Huang mph at emotrics.com
Thu Oct 14 17:22:35 UTC 2021

I'm new to Icecast and this mailing list. I have set it up to run a
continuous (unending) audio stream that is being generated by a Python
script.  In my log I found an entry that said:

[2021-09-17  06:03:53] INFO source/send_to_listener Client 620
(XX.XX.XX.XXX) has fallen too far behind, removing

The user gets kicked, and the listener count decreases.

What does this mean? Is the client pausing too long or getting out of sync
somehow?
What is the best way for me to learn what is happening, and how to prevent
it?