[Icecast] Multiple mountpoints and ports

Jordan Erickson jordan at coolmic.net
Wed Jun 16 00:45:04 UTC 2021

Hey Chris,

That's not really how Icecast mountpoints work. You'd be much better off
doing source level authentication per-mountpoint. Using different ports
doesn't help your situation unless you're doing some fancy firewalling
but if you have a username/password pair entered per-mountpoint in the
config you can separate any number of mountpoints securely. Just note
that some source clients (not sure about Mixxx, I use Cool Mic) only
allow a 'source' username for connecting to Icecast. I believe you can
still specify a password per-mountpoint without username.

Cheers,
Jordan Erickson