[Icecast] Icecast partial crash

Robert Winkelmann robinstl68 at icloud.com
Sun Feb 28 17:22:21 UTC 2021

This is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. Running Ice 2.4.4 on
Ubuntu 20. Server is set up for both SSL and non SSL ports and runs
normally for days to weeks on end. All of a sudden without much warning
the server goes unresponsive and will not accept new connections however
all my relays connected to this server stay running and connected.
Attempting to connect to any of the ports loads nothing.

The only error I see in the logs appears over and over again once it
reaches this point

[2021-02-28  01:08:24] INFO fserve/fserve_client_create checking for
file /.xspf (/usr/share/icecast2/web/.xspf)
[2021-02-28  01:11:09] INFO fserve/fserve_client_create checking for
file /.xspf (/usr/share/icecast2/web/.xspf)
[2021-02-28  01:22:54] INFO fserve/fserve_client_create checking for
file /.xspf (/usr/share/icecast2/web/.xspf)

And while it would make no sense for this to affect the other I also
notice this in the error logs however it happens quite a bit and could
either be SAM broadcaster being a pest with the password or I have
something else hitting for data with the wrong password but this happens
far outside of the timeframe when the lockup happens. Restart the server
immediately clears this up however what's odd is the slave servers stay
connected and operational. The main error matches identically when the
server stops responding. None of the other five slave servers have the
same issue.

[2021-02-27  23:59:56] INFO admin/admin_handle_request Bad or missing
password on admin command request (command: stats.xml)

Ideas?