[Icecast] queue-size

Milton Huang mph at emotrics.com
Thu Dec 23 04:28:04 UTC 2021

Wow. This has been helpful to me to really understand what is going on.
I'd suspected the 'audio_bitrate' was just for show.  So, to again make
sure I'm understanding, I assume I can get the actual (average) transfer
rate of data to a particular user for a particular session by taking the
access.log BYTES = total bytes of data sent (other than headers) and
dividing by TIME = seconds that the connection lasted. This varies
depending on many of the factors you mention, particularly the amount of
information in the signal.  And for those reasons, it can be misleading if
measured in a very short window.

I just looked at one of my logs and saw a huge spread for the 1 second
duration... Don't know how to post pictures though...