[Icecast] Prefered way to check if mountpoint is in use

Philipp Schafft phschafft at de.loewenfelsen.net
Fri Dec 10 11:50:29 UTC 2021

Good morning,

On Fri, 2021-12-10 at 12:22 +0100, unosonic wrote:
> Philipp Schafft:
> > >  - check icecast status and parse response
> >
> > Parsing the status page is *always* *wrong*. If you you would want
> > to access status data just use the API.
>
> interesting! I've been parsing status-json.xsl for years in apps and
> scripts, in order to check for mountpoints, and it never has failed.
> Can't be so wrong ;)

I was mostly referring to the generated HTML. For the old JSON there
are known bugs. If they do not bite you, nothing wrong with using this.

For 2.5.x we deprecated the status-json.xsl (it is still there, but
will see no more updates). The new interface can be found at
/admin/publicstats.

> Curious, what does "API" refer to? Something like
> http://192.168.1.10:8000/admin/listmounts ?
> bests, u.

By API I generally mean anything that is not meant for human
consumption. So basically everything that is not HTML.

Please also keep in mind that for every bit of HTML Icecast generates
there is an non-HTML API call.

With best regards,

--
Philipp Schafft (CEO/Geschäftsführer)
Telephon: +49.3535 490 17 92

Löwenfelsen UG (haftungsbeschränkt)     Registration number:
Bickinger Straße 21                     HRB 12308 CB
04916 Herzberg (Elster)                 VATIN/USt-ID:
Germany                                 DE305133015