[Icecast] Prefered way to check if mountpoint is in use

tyctor tyctor at post.cz
Fri Dec 10 11:02:27 UTC 2021

hi, thanks for hints

On Fri, 2021-12-10 at 00:27 +0000, Philipp Schafft wrote:
> This is the 'correct' way. There is no point in checking first beside
> creating an extra race condition and more ways for the check to go
> wrong. ;)

understand, no check, just to try to run ezstream, while mount point is
not in use, am i right?

> Generally I would suggest to have a look at <on-disconnect>,
> "mount_remove" option for URL auth, as well as the "source-
> disconnect"
> event (Icecast 2.5.x).
>
> Those can provide triggers.

<on-disconnect> should be the best way, but it seems not working in
version 2.4.4-1 which we are using

this seems is latest version in ubuntu 18.04

$ apt-cache policy icecast2
icecast2:
  Installed: 2.4.4-1
  Candidate: 2.4.4-1
  Version table:
 *** 2.4.4-1 500
        500
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/multimedia:/xiph/xUbuntu_18.04
./ Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

or is there 2.5.x package, for ubuntu 18.04?

> I just wonder why not just send the backup signal to the fallback all
> the time.

probably i am not clearly understanding how you mean this :o)
could you please describe it more?

best regards
tyctor