[Icecast] Shoutcast?

Dave Madsen madsend at morningside.edu
Wed Aug 4 17:20:18 UTC 2021

The link that we’ve published for people to get our student-run radio
station is http://shoutcast.morningside.edu:8000/KMSC-Music.m3u, but the
people at Shoutcast say they have nothing to do with our stream, and that
we’re actually using icecast. Can someone please help me figure out exactly
HOW our streaming is working? I’m not a tech guy, and the stream has been
working here for many years…but nobody currently here knows how it was set
up. We’re using a really old PC that I think is functioning as a server…but
I’m not sure. That PC doesn’t seem very stable, so I’m looking for
alternatives/fixes/whatever!

Dave

*Dave Madsen*

Associate Professor & Dept. Head

Mass Communication

_____

*Morningside University*

1501 Morningside Ave. Sioux City, IA 51106

o: 712-274-5480 *|* m: 712-490-3327 *|  *morningside.edu